Tuesday, October 30, 2007

And Then I Found 20 Dollars........

About two Fridays ago, a bunch of us girls got together at the Sullivan's for a girls nite. We had all sorts of fun and games. We did each other hair, nails, and feet. We watched Anne of Green Gables and had a night spent in luxury and laughs. Hannah and Emma were entranced with bubbles and "spa" treatment.

I had brought pizza and Tonya (mom) had reimbursed me $20.00 for the expense. Having no pockets on my PJ's (which were a requirement of the evening) I stuck the 20 in my shoe. Later after getting home, I looked in my shoe and didn't find the 20. I took out the insoles and still no 20 appeared. I checked all my stuff, car and pockets to make sure I didn't accidentally move it--still no luck. I called Tonya and let her know about my missing cash. She and Sarah looked over the house and yard--no 20 either.

I am currently running my budget off of a cash based envelope system. So not having the twenty cut me a little short in my food envelope but I was determined to make it work. Fortunately God intervened and I found $20 in an old purse I hadn't used in a while. So I replaced the missing 20 with the 20 I found and lived off of that for a week....Amazing how God provides when you let Him.

Exactly a week later, I had use all but $1.00 of my providentially provided $$. I went over to Lana's house and took off my shoes. Ten minutes later another friend, Bekah shows up bends down, picks up a flat $20.00, and asks, "Whose is this?" I was stunned--It was my original $20.00. What was amazing was that I had worn those shoes all week and the money never showed up. God's timing is always Amazing..........

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, guess what...I found $20 the other day too. I was so excited (who isn't when they find $20). Anyway, I got sidetracked and now I can't remember where it was I found it. *Sigh* Oh well, I guess that means I just get to get excited again the next time I find it. I'm looking forward to that day.......

Anonymous said...

I found it again! Yep, it was just as exciting the second time. And, right when I needed it too. I went to the post office on Monday (Veterans Day) to get stamps totally forgetting that they would be closed. Go figure. So I decided I would get stamps from the vending machine, but it doesn't take credit cards. Go figure. However, out of desperation, I looked in my wallet for some cash and I found my $20! What a novel idea, putting money in my wallet. I guess it works! :) The vending machine gave me my 11 some odd dollars in coin, so I took it home and dumped it in my change jug where it will sit and never get spent (or lost) again! So, not only did I find my $20, I managed to save $11 by buying stamps. Oh, what a day!

Anonymous said...

I found it again! Yep, it was just as exciting the second time. And, right when I needed it too. I went to the post office on Monday (Veterans Day) to get stamps totally forgetting that they would be closed. Go figure. So I decided I would get stamps from the vending machine, but it doesn't take credit cards. Go figure. However, out of desperation, I looked in my wallet for some cash and I found my $20! What a novel idea, putting money in my wallet. I guess it works! :) The vending machine gave me my 11 some odd dollars in coin, so I took it home and dumped it in my change jug where it will sit and never get spent (or lost) again! So, not only did I find my $20, I managed to save $11 by buying stamps. Oh, what a day!