Thursday, November 8, 2007

Warm Fuzzies

When I was in 2nd grade our teacher, Mrs Stockwell made us do these things called warm fuzzies. They were a "Who am I?" of people in our lives. On the front of a sheet of paper she would have us describe our classmates using characteristics that they have, things they did, or the way they made us feel. The comments had to be positive and encouraging. On the Back we put who it was. Then she would read them out loud in class and the rest of the class had to guess who it was..........

For example, This person is a strong leader and has seen the United States through both the September 11 terrorist attacks and the Iraq war. He has two daughters and is a believer in God. He has made reference to both God and scripture in his speeches. He comes from the Lone Star State and holds the same office his father did. Who am I? (George Bush)

The most important and valued part of my life is the people that it includes. People, both past and present, that God has brought into my life have made my life purposeful and valuable. Since November is the month of Thanksgiving, I would like to honor some (by no means is this going to be an inclusive list) with a warm fuzzy. See if you can guess who they are (feel free to add your guess as a comment). Answers will be posted at the end of the month. I've added "hints" by telling where I was when I met them and how long I have known them.

I love watching God work in my life through people. I hope you all (including those not listed)know that you are love and valued more than I can ever tell you.

No comments: