Friday, November 9, 2007

Warm Fuzzy #2

First Met: Missoula, MT
# of years known: 13 years

Every Wednesday night after church I take this young man home and we usually go to Wendy's--grab some food and take "the long road home" so that we have a chance to talk. I love this young man because he makes me feel like a big sister again. We talk about everything from school and work to relationships in our lives--home, school, work, church and abroad. He reminds how important older siblings are and makes me want to be a better sibling to my family. I also enjoy being the older sibling in his life and helping him with his problems,and rejoicing with him in the good times. I thought for sure that this "date night" would pass as he got his driver's license and he would be out on his own and wanting to hang with friends. But he surprised me again by still wanting to go out with me. How special and loved I feel! Now he can drive and I can enjoy the view!

He amazes me in his service. Many times his older siblings will ask him to go upstairs and retrieve something for them. He will get up from his own comfy seat and run upstairs and get it WITHOUT saying a word--no "get it yourself", "you have two legs", "I got it last time". Mom will ask him to take out the garbage or feed the cat and again he doesn't without ANY backtalk or complaining. He is so sweet and gentle with his grandma and checks on her to make sure she is okay. He also helps her to/from the car and runs errands she asks.

He is also active in serving at church--he helps pass out bulletins and greets people. Pretty good for a teenage boy. He doesn't physically fight and like his mom wears his heart on his sleeve. He has such a big heart that he is going to go far. He also has a spiritual mindset and is devoted to helping others in life. I love talking to him about devos and talks he has given or wants to give in the future. He has a heart to make a big impact and I am excited to see what God does in this young man's life.

To my Missoula "Little Bro"...........I love you and hang in there God's not done with you yet!

3 comments:

Lana said...

I agree. He's a great kid for sure.

N. Miller said...

me too, nm

Red-Head Review said...

Jen I love your blog- but I think you need to update us! :D
Love you! ~ Julie