Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Adventure in the Park

Tonight was so neat....when I got off of work I had NO agenda....I usually have some sort of activity or some chore that has to be done after work. Today....NOTHING. The possibilities were endless. I could be responsible and go pay bills and finish some homework but it is such a nice GORGEOUS day that it shouldn't be wasted on such details.

So I decided to go geocaching. Jeremy has been giving me such a hard time about only have claimed one cache in my profile that I finally decided to remedy the situation. So I call my friend, Rebekah and invite her along. Since it gets dark so early we decided to hit the park next door to my house..............

We get to the coordinates and begin looking around. There are a couple of trees with tall grass and thorn bushes around them. The cache has got to be in there....so we go stomping and digging on our hands and knees trying to find anything out of the ordinary. Bekah picks up a stick and starts digging and prodding with it. It's a wonder we didn't dig up the trees. Unfortunately it got too dark to continue looking and we had massacred the place....time to go back and consult the web page to see if the cache had been found recently. It is an older cache in the area. So we headed towards the house.....

On the way we found a neighbor's tree who has fun shaped pinecones that Bekah fell in love with. We stopped and picked some up. We need pinecones for decorating tables at her wedding in December. So we each grabbed a few. Then I remember that not far up the street is a great tree that has majestic pinecones that Patty found a few years ago. So we drop the pinecones off at her car on the way up the street. As we pass this one house on the corner Bekah notices these small cute itty-bitty pinecones. She is so excited and the next thing you know both her and I are in the bushes digging out the mini cones. Of course true to form both of our heads are in the bushes and our bottoms are facing the street. (For those of you who don't know Bekah, her and I come from the same graceful lady like mold:)) We ended up having to run back to the house to grab a bag and flashlights to go collect our new found treasures. About an hour later we had collected a whole bag full of mini pinecones. Unfortunately we had also collected a whole jacket/jeans full of sap. And of course the car seat where we stuck the pinecones was sappy too. Now what? Call Mom....she always has the answers. Mom of course once again comes in and saves the day. Thanks Mom! I would be sappy without you!

P.s. The answer to getting sap out of car seats and clothes is rubbing alcohol. I just saved you a phone call.

No comments: