Tuesday, July 28, 2009

oh boy!

Today started with a swim in the pool during torrential downpour. Made me feel like I was in one of those snow globes. I was swimming a few laps back and forth and when I stopped the water kept coming down. Fortunately it was in the 70s so it wasn't too cold.

Classes started this afternoon at 1:00 over at the Financial Training Center (located behind Financial Peace Plaza). Met the staff of Lampo Group (The lead company of Dave Ramsey) and dug in right away. There are about 83 people in the class--from all walks of life (a lot of CPAs and teachers) and all areas of the country (including Spokane and CDA--which made me happy!) Pretty cool to be in a room with a bunch of people who want to help bring hope and information to others.

Dave Ramsey himself showed up around 5:00 to say welcome. What a cool guy--for all his fame and fortune he is pretty much a down home person with a heart to help. He talked about some of the things that he is in the middle of and asked us for questions. We get to go tour his offices later in the week which should be fun.

All in all--lots of information and I am exhausted. We start tomorrow about 8:00 am and go till 6:00 pm. Pray for strength and concentration for tomorrow. I want to get everything I can out of this!!!

Off to do homework and then to bed.

5 comments:

Jeannette said...

Sounds like a good start to a busy week. I'm excited for you!

Mom said...

Up at 3:30 a.m. and thinking of you as you get ready. Have a great day and learn lots! P.S. Did you jump to the pool? (lol)

EmeraldCityJewel said...

Oh I'm SO jealous that you got to see him in a room with just 83 other people! How cool !! And you get to tour his offices!!! I wonder if they'll let you take pictures! :D (I seriously doubt it!)

I'm so excited for you... praying for you today!

Lana said...

I'm praying for you. Hope its a great experience!

Mom said...

You must be extremely busy--no updates. Hope that is good and you are learning lots! Can't wait to hear about it. Love you!